Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/ACT)

Civil Law Advice

ALS has Family and Civil Law Field Officers who can help you get answers to your questions. We're here to help. 

Contact us. Phone 1800 765 767 


Money and civil law issues 

Civil Law is about money, fines, debt, and anything to do with buying, renting and owning. Civil Law is not about the Police.

ALS has Aboriginal Field Officers assisting Aboriginal people with Civil Law problems. The Field Officers can help with information, education and general advice. They can also refer people to Legal Aid NSW for legal assistance from a lawyer.


Talk to a lawyer

Lawyers from Legal Aid NSW come to many ALS offices to give civil law advice, by appointment, including ALS RedfernALS ParramattaALS GraftonALS GriffithALS Kempsey and ALS Taree. Contact us to make an appointment.


Family problems and family law

Family law includes all family-related issues. This includes failing relationships, divorce, and making finanical and parental provision for the children of a relationship. 

Talk to a lawyer

Legal Aid NSW solicitors give Family law advice at ALS RedfernALS ParramattaALS GraftonALS Griffith, ALS Kempsey and ALS Taree. Contact us to make an appointment.