New submissions addressing Federal and State government and Commission inquiries
25 Jan 2017
ALS continues to undertake a range of work under the Policy portfolio, including making submissions to the State and Federal governments, as well as Royal Commissions, inquiries, and Law Reform Commissions.
A number of submissions prepared over the course of the last six months have been uploaded to the ALS website.
Those submissions include:
- August 2016 - Submission #1 to Crimes (High Risk Offenders) Act (NSW) Review 2016
- October 2016 - Response to Royal Commission into Institutional Response to Child Sexual Abuse Criminal Justice Consultation Paper
- November 2016 - Submission #2 to Crimes (High Risk Offenders) Act (NSW) Review 2016
- December 2016 - Submission to Freedom of Speech in Australia inquiry; and Submission to statutory review of ‘one punch laws’ (ss 25A and 25B of the Crimes Act 1900 (NSW))
- January 2017 - Submission on draft terms of reference of Australian Law Reform Commission inquiry into incarceration rates of Indigenous people; and Submission on amendments to Family Law Act 1975 (Cth)
ALS is always open to feedback from community members on policy issues so that our submissions truly reflect the different needs and views of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people from across the state and territory.
Image gratefully sourced from http://bit.ly/2j3rkzX
List all news stories